Update Mobile Number in SBI Account Online
State Bank of India is the most popular and leading nationalized bank in the country that has several branches all over the nation. This bank offers numerous services to all the customers including different banking transactions like withdrawal, deposits, providing credit or debit cards for online processing and a lot more. The bank lets the users to create an account in any of the branches and allow them make different sorts of transactions either online or offline. When you create a new SBI account, the bank officials ask all the details of that particular person. After authorizing all those particulars of the person, they will create an account, issue a pass book, debit card or ATM card, online baking or net banking details and many more. When you provide your details to the SBI bank branch, you need to give your valid mobile number.
The users can receive SMS from the bank branch regarding their transactions like depositing, crediting and many more. In the time being, if in case, you change your mobile number, it is not possible for the customers to get SMS alerts. In order to get messages from banks regarding each and every transaction, you need to update your mobile number in SBI account. The customers can change or update their number in two different ways. They can either visit the nearest SBI bank branch or simply make changes via online mode. Here, in this post, we have come up with a detailed guide that helps the users to update / change mobile number in SBI account through Online and Offline modes. Have a look!
How to Update / Change Mobile Number in SBI Account through Online?
The users need not have to particularly visit the bank so as to change the mobile number. Instead, they can simply head over to the official web portal of SBI bank and do the respective changes. Here are the simple steps that help the users to update or change the mobile number in SBI account via online mode:
- Firstly, login on to the OnlineSBI.com website.
- Navigate to your profile and click on the personal details link. You need to type the password of your profile.
- Immediately, it shows the name, email id and registered mobile number on the screen.
- Just tap on the link that says ‘Change Mobile Number-Domestic only.’
- You can see a page displaying 3 options such as ‘Create Request’, ‘Cancel Request’ and ‘Status’.
- You need to enter your new mobile number in the provided fields for two times and hit the submit button.
- It then displays a pop-up message saying ‘Verify and confirm your mobile number xxx xxx xxxx’. Just click on ‘OK’ to continue.
- You can see 3 modes for changing the mobile number as follows:
- By OTP on both the Mobile Number
- IRATA: Internet Banking Request Approval through ATM
- Approval through Contact Centre
If you choose 1st option, you can change mobile number via OTP. It is the simple and faster mode to get approval from the bank officials.
Change Mobile Number Offline by visiting SBI Branch
If you don’t know the process of changing the mobile number via online, you can do it manually by visiting the bank branch. You need to submit a request letter at the bank branch. After submitting the request, you need to wait for 24 hours for the new mobile number to update.
Guys if we have missed out any other important information on Sbi Mobile number updating,please do let us know in the comments section.